Nreal and Nebula: NEEDS Windows Support!

Apparently there will be a pertinent announcement on GDC, starting march 21st

This info is taken from Nreal Assistant on the Reddit thread
Here’s a link look for xwing1000’s comments and NrealAssistant’s reply there.

2 Likes

I hear, the windows software will be only available on new Dell laptops.
So, wait to 21 march for real info.

Hey,

Any update on this?

Ive seen posts om reddit and stuff about 22nd of March or by Q1 2023, but havent heard anything from the devs or Nreal yet?

Any update on when well be getting nebula on windows?

Thanks

Apparently, they plan to make Nebula for windows support only one ultrawide monitor… which sounds very disappointing if I’m honest…
But anyway, other than that, they have said absolutely nothing regarding a release date or anything, the only thing I’ve read from some of the devs over on Discord is that the release could be middle of April, another one said it could be April or May, and the more realistic of us are thinking late July to November this year.

Here’s a link to some of what’s been said:

2 Likes

I agree, just having one additional monitoring would be disappointing. One user (that looks like an official account) mentioned that they are working on it. From a technical perspective I can understand that it is hard to pull off - having a monitor that is positioned according to you head movement. The fact that they are not giving a release date could indicate that there are still some crucial technical problems to solve.

It would also be great if Nreal could publish the requirements for the usb-c slot that is being used. My pc is a few years old, so I will most likely have to add a PCI card to it to get a USB-C slot that I can use my glasses with. Or does one of you have experience in this matter? I bet there are a lot of windows users which will have to do this. Can I just buy some extension card from amazon?!

If you mean PC, not laptop, it’s very likely that the USB-C port does not support display alt-mode.
My laptop is a samsung galaxy book pro 360 and it does support it, model year is 2020.
I don’t know the specific details, but I believe it has to be USB Type C 3.2 with DP Alt-mode. That’s the spec you should look for.
The discord is full of helpful people too, you can try to ask there if you have one.

1 Like

I mean, I definitely have to put this here. Rejoice with me my friends. If the picture is anything to go by, it seems there’s gonna be multiple monitor support, but there’s a comment saying that it’ll be like Nebula for android but on Windows, which would be ideal for me, even better than multi-monitor, but who knows.

2 Likes

Would this combo work? :slight_smile: Really can’t wait to try this on my pc

https://www.amazon.de/Bandbreite-PC-Karte-Converter-Desktop-PC-Unterstützung-Black/dp/B094QLZC98/

https://www.amazon.de/Datenkabel-Unterstützt-Datenübertragung-Ladekabel-Videoübertragung/dp/B09MW29FRJ/

This is say other than the GDC talk, what is true ?

GDc = one Ultra White Monitor
Twitter Shows multiply windowses!

1 Like

It would be wonderful if they could build both features and give users the option. That would help these glasses really stand out!

If I had my choice however I vote multiple monitors.

2 Likes

Saw that they are looking for beta testers on reddit now. A little bit disappointed that this was not mentioned here although we explicitely asked for it.

1 Like

The Nebula for Windows supports up to three virtual screens.

2 Likes

Sorry, are you saying that support for Windows is now available? If not, do you have any information with an indicative timeline? I just bought these Air Glasses for personal use and they look amazing! Really impresses me how far we have come with technology! Keep up the great work you guys! Just some notification on the home page saying when support of whatever device and an indicative timeline would be greatly appreciated thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or perhaps, NREAL might implement the best of both worlds? The choice of the 3 screen combo for those who are office oriented or one large 21:9 ratio curved monitor for the game oriented. I think this is a big possibility after seeing all those discussions out there, but who knows until it actually happens, right?

It is available in the Discord channel now, please join the Discord NREAL FAN CLUB

that discord link doesnt work, but heres the post with the windows nebula app
https://www.reddit.com/r/nreal/comments/1306xqs/nebula_for_windows_test_has_finally_begun_join_us/
it supports multiple monitors

Hi, then please use this link to download Nebula for Windows. Nebula for Windows_0.1.0.rar - Google Drive

I’ve tried using that Nebula BETA client off the Google drive for Windows on three machines with identical results: It will complain about not having set-up the additional screen to extend and/or not having the device connected.

As the device is actually connected and using the (fixed) extended screen, the Beta simply doesn’t seem ready.

I’m using it with a fresh Air 2 Pro with the newest firmware on

• Intel Serpent Canyon NUC12 with Xe iGPU + ARC 770m dGPU, running Windows 11
  • Lenovo 13.3" notebook with AMD Ryzen 7 5800U, running Windows 11
  • Intel Xeon Workstation with RTX 2080ti (has a USB-C output on the dGPU), running Windows 10

Windows are all latest enterprise releases 21H2 for 10 and 23H2 for 11 with latest drivers etc.

They all work with the passive screen mode and Beam, but Nebula fails near immediately with the message above, but after it has installed some driver I really may not want to have on my systems on the first install. It doesn’t ask when I attempt to run it again, so the driver seems to be installed.

I have to agree with the others here that without the Multi-screen loitering setup, the Air 2 pro has little chance of staying with me.

The clock is ticking on the 14 day return window… which should actually not close until Nebula for Windows was available and working for 14 days, because it’s an advertised feature.