1.8.0 SDK Image Tracking Not Working

Hello all,

Have anyone encountered problems using the image tracking module from the SDK? I am using version 1.8.0.
I tried to build the sample tutorial scene provided into the Nreal dev-kit compute unit, and the image tracking did worked once, but never worked again.
I think I have followed all the steps, and wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction?

Many thanks.

1 Like

I had similar issues with image detection/tracking. I don’t think the native capability of the NReal Slam algos is that good, you need the proper lighting and images for it to somewhat work.
I ended up experimenting with EasyAR, which has support for the real glasses and does a much better job at SLAM.

Cheers,
Mike

1 Like

Hi Developer, thank you for using our NRSDK. About this issue, we have some suggestions. 1. Please check if the number of pics uploaded to Unity exceeds 5 pcs; 2. The recommended distance of glass and pic is 1-2 meters; 3. The size of pic is recommended to be 40-50cm. Hope this info can be helpful to you. If you still have issue after the above suggestions, please let us know. Thanks.