A Beginners Guide To Creating Mixed Reality Apps For The Nreal Light Glasses In Unity

As many of the viewers who watch my channel know, I have been having a lot of fun lately experiementing with Augmented and Mixed Reality by using the Nreal light glasses. Unfortunately since we are still at the begiining stages of this new immersive medium there just isn’t much content out there to play around with at the moment. So with that in mind, I decided to fire up Unity and see how hard it would be for even a complete novice like myself to create a mixed reality app and I am happy to say it is completely doable!

After watching just a few short tutorials and reading the NRSDK documnetation I have been able to create a few scenes using nothing but free content from the Unity Asset store. Now I know this is not really what most would call development and I am in no way trying top pass myself off as a developer but I just wanted people with very limited skills like mine to see that this was indeed possible! So today I am going to walk through the steps I took to create a life sized cabin that I can fully explore that even has the ability to look out the windows and see into the real world. I will also be showing the basics of how to incorporate the beta Nreal hand tracking and also adding the recording capabilities to the app as well.

I hope you enjoy this video and please let me know in the comments if you would like to see more of these types of videos or more Mixed reality content videos here on the channel going forward. Also if you are a developer who is interested in developing mixed reality apps for the Nreal light system then please head to the link below for more information or to purchase a developer kit.

Nreal Light Developer kit:
https://developer.nreal.ai/dev-kit

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your video and the developing guide! This guide must be useful and helpful for the beginners!