About the photos taken with NRPhotoCapture

I have a question about the NrealLight camera.
I made some modifications to the OnCapturedPhotoToMemory method in PhotoCaptureExample.cs in the demo scene of Assets/NRSDK/Demos/RGBCamera-Capture, and implemented the process of saving the captured photo to the device in PNG format.

void OnCapturedPhotoToMemory(NRPhotoCapture.PhotoCaptureResult result, PhotoCaptureFrame photoCaptureFrame)
{
    var targetTexture = new Texture2D(m_CameraResolution.width, m_CameraResolution.height, TextureFormat.BGRA32, false);
    // Copy the raw image data into our target texture
    photoCaptureFrame.UploadImageDataToTexture(targetTexture);
    image = targetTexture.EncodeToPNG();
    try
    {
        System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(Application.persistentDataPath + "/test.png", image);
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {

}
    // Release camera resource after capture the photo.
    this.Close();
}

When I successfully saved the file and viewed it with “adb pull” command on my PC, the photo itself seemed to have a blue tint.
When compared to the PNG file taken with the HoloLens2 from MicroSoft, the photo itself has a bluish tint.
I’m not sure if “normal” is the right word, but I’d like to know how I can improve the bluish effect and take photos normally.
If you know how to do this, please let me know.

NRSDK v1.6.0
Unity 2019.4.22f1
VisualStudio 2019 Community

Sorry for the delayed reply. Due to the quality of rgbcamera hardware, the image quality of photographing and screen recording will be affected. If you want to adjust the color value of the image in some ways, you can check the “NRSDK/ Resources / Record / Shaders / AlphaBlend.Shader” file.
“_BackGroundTex” is the “RGBCamera Texture”.

2 Likes