Can't run my app on Beam + Button mapping

I apologize if this question has been asked before, and also about my potential ignorance in general.

I am trying to develop a Unity application that runs in 3D mode natively on the XReal Beam device, however without success so far. I believe I have followed all of the steps in the documentation closely, however when I try to launch the built APK on the Beam while connected to my XReal Air 2 Pro device, the Unity logo appears, and then after some time I get the message to connect my glasses and only one option, to quit the application. All that even though the glasses are for sure connected and recognized.

I would really appreciate some help in resolving the above issue. Finally, I have not been able to find any information so far in the documentation regarding mapping the physical buttons on the Beam devices to application functions in Unity. I believe this is possible, so I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to the right direction.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi, the Beam doesn’t support installing and launching developed 3D apps.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the quick response. Could you also point me towards the right direction in regards to mapping the physical buttons on the Beam devices to application functions in Unity? All that for a normal 2D Android app, of course. Thanks.

Hi. The Beam does not support development, meaning that you cannot map the physical buttons in Unity. However, if you want to use the Directional mode on the Beam, you can easily go to the Settings and switch the mode for any 2D Android apps that are installed.