DP firmware failed and now I can’t use my Air 2 Pro glasses with Beam or Nebula app

Hi,
I was using my air 2 pro glasses with beam and suddenly the beam started updating glasses. It showed glasses updating. But failed after around 2-3 %. It is repeating update process but fails every time. Then I tried with Nebula on Android phone and same thing. Process fails at 2%. Then I tried with Nebula for Mac - there also same problem. The app automatically starts updating glasses and fails. There is no way to cancel the update process. So now I can’t use my glasses with Nebula or Beam. Whenever I connect, it shows updating and fails.

Then I tried updating on chrome browser using xreal.com/support website (OTA). The glasses are detected. MCU firmware update completes and shows version 9.1.00.180-20240507. But next step DP firmware some times fails. And some times shows DP firmware update is successful. Firmware version: 0. But still not able to use my glasses with Nebula or Beam. They start updating the glasses again.

The update is stuck in a loop. And buttons on glasses are also not doing anything since the firmware update.

Please help if anyone has solution.

Can this issue be solved with next Firmware update from Xreal ??? Or is my air 2 pro glasses bricked and only option is to send for repair ???

Hello,

We are currently working urgently to address this issue. In the meantime, please try updating to a stable firmware version using one of our older web pages. Nreal Air - Activation and firmware update

1 Like

Hi thank you for your reply.
Will this link work with air 2 pro glasses also ? The website says that it is for xreal air glasses. Please confirm.
Thank you

update: I tried the link, it did not work with my air 2 pro glasses.

attaching log file from Nebula for Mac 0.8.1
mcu firmware and dsp/audio firmware versions are already latest. but dp firmware version on glasses is 0. dp firmware version on file is 1140. and dp firmware update is failing.

[libnr_glasses_api] [Mon Jun 17 21:32:22 2024] [send_xreal_usb_msg-170] : write ret : -1, actual length : 0, send length : 0

[libnr_glasses_api] [Mon Jun 17 21:32:22 2024] [send_xreal_usb_msg-171] : write xreal usb message failed : -1 Unknown error: 316

Log Screenshot Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hello,

thanks for your log, this is a configuration error in the webpage background, which has been modified now.
You can ota through this link (XREAL OTA)

Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply.
I just went to ota website and did the update. And everything is working now normally. My glasses report the correct dp firmware version 1140
And all the buttons have started working normally.
Volume, brightness, 3d mode, audio mode switch, electrochromic dimming screen on/off. All works fine now.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Xian,
Thanks for update in the morning. After the ota update my glasses were working fine in the morning and all buttons were working fine as i reported in my reply above.

But now, multi-function key is not working.

Same thing happened earlier also after the firmware issue started. First multi function button stopped working and then other buttons stopped working.

What should I do ?

Sorry to hear it doesn’t work again :disappointed_relieved: I’ve reported to our hardware team, and they’re working on it.

This issue may be related to the compatibility between the chip, the browser core, and the OTA update process.

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Try using a different web browser to perform the OTA update. If you were using a specific browser, switching to Chrome or another browser might help.
  2. If possible, try the update process on a different computer.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following details:

• The type of device you are using.
  • The version of the Chrome browser (or any other browser) you are using.

This information will help us diagnose the problem more accurately.

1 Like

Firstly I must appreciate your response and effort in helping. you helped last time with OTA update process and things started working. and this time also your specific reply with respect to issues - i really appreciate.

i will try my best to help provide the details for troubleshooting.

so after the modification in OTA process, i updated the firmware and the web page showed firmware update was successful. both MCU and DP. versions were 9.1.00.180 and 1140. and glasses started working. all buttons were working. then next day my multi-function key stopped working. yesterday multi-function key started working again. and today again they stopped.

Types of devices and browsers I use are

1. Macbook Air M2 MacOS Sonoma 14.5
  • Chrome Browser Version 126.0.6478.62 (Official Build) (arm64)

• Edge Browser Version 126.0.2592.61 (Official build) (arm64)

• Nebula for Mac 0.8.1.1110

• Simple Screen Mirroring without Nebula

1. Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F/DS) - Exynos Processor
  • Nebula for Android 3.8.0

• Simple Screen Mirroring without Nebula

1. Beam with latest update 1097

2. Windows PC Desktop (windows 11)

• Chrome Browser Version 126.0.6478.62 (Official Build) (32-bit)

• Edge Browser Version 126.0.2592.56 (Official build) (64-bit)

• Nebula Windows 0.8.0

Edit: I just now connected my Glasses to Samsung phone and started Nebula app. And it seems like the same issue is back again. App tried to update the firmware automatically and failed. and now all other buttons are misbehaving. After that i tried connecting to my Mac for OTA update via browser. and it shows Dp firmware 0. exactly same issue as before. Nebula Mac, Nebula Windows and Beam are also trying to update firmware and failing.

I’m attaching 2 log files. Both are from nebula for mac 0.8.1.1110 - before (when it was working) and after (when it stopped working after nebula tried to update the firmware).

Previous Log file when Glasses were working. 20 June 2024 4:28PM
Log File 1

Current Log file when Glasses stopped working and firmware update is stuck. 20 June 2024 4:54PM
Log File 2

Hello, I have reported your problem to my colleagues. Please contact support@xreal.com directly, send a simple email with the link to your post, and they will have someone to follow up with you. There are some clues so far. Hope you can help us investigate further.

1 Like

Sure.
Sent the email with the link.

They are asking me to send the glasses. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:
My email address - ketley.2aug@gmail.com

Yes, according to what I know, our technical team suspects a hardware issue with your glasses and we would like you to send it to us for inspection. If we cannot repair them, we will send you a new pair. Is this solution acceptable to you?

1 Like

Alright. I’m okay with it if it solves the issue but I hope I’m not charged for it.

Also - do I need to send everything ? All the nose pieces and prescription inserts along with glasses ? Because I already got the lenses fit for my eye power. And I had to do a little modification to nose piece to fit my face properly with ease.

My colleague should have replied to your email. Please have a look: )

1 Like

Yeah Dora asked me to record videos showing behaviour of Nebula and Glasses. I have shared the videos. Hope they capture what you want to inspect.