Get 3840x1080 resolution on windows & make screen smaller in your field of view

The technical specifications show that Nreal Air is supposed to get 3840x1080 resolution. However, when I plug it into my windows machine, I can only get 1920x1080 in the display settings. How can I make it so that 3840x1080 is an option to choose for Nreal Air in the display settings?

Also would be helpful if the entire screen was just a bit smaller in field of view. The edges of the screen go out of the field of view so that I’m not able to see the full screen in some places. Is there away to correct this?

Hi, the 3840x1080 resolution can only be obtained in our 3D mode. Under 2D mode, the two lenses come with totally the same images which are 1920*1080. So, you cannot get 3840 * 1080 in mirror-casting mode. And also, the image or window in glass cannot be adjusted in 2D mode.

There is an SBS mode in the Beta firmware that treats the glasses as a full 3840-wide screen for Windows, but since each eye can only see half of that full width, it looks weird unless you’re using an app or viewing a video in SBS mode.

Hi, we recommend users switch to normal mode if they are not watching SBS videos.

I think you misunderstood: I was informing OP that the only way the full resolution worked was in the Beta SBS mode. I was not reporting a bug.

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation. :grin:

Thank you for the response Wesley. Do you have any response to the other question that I asked?:

“Also would be helpful if the entire screen was just a bit smaller in the field of view. The edges of the screen go out of the field of view so that I’m not able to see the full screen in some places. Is there away to correct this?”

Will be in near future option, for switch using for example lights buttons: normal 1080 ----- > sbs 3840
for Nreal Light?
Or this sbs mode will be implemented only in Air?

Hi, we don’t have a plan to do the 3D switch function for Light.