How to start DEX mode on Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra?

I use:
Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra sm-n986b/ds phone
How do I start DEX mode?
When I click on the corresponding icon in the phone, nothing happens, while when I lock the phone, I see the DEX lock screen in glasses, but if I unlock the phone, I see the phone screen in the usual vertical format.
If after that I disconnect the glasses and connect DEX via Wi-Fi to the TV, then I will see a message stating that there was an attempt to connect earlier, but the device or screen resolution did not fit.

I don’t think you can… After an update to dex last year I lost the ability to use it in my Nreal glasses and that really sucks because without it there is no way to run the Playstore 2D apps on a non telco bundled phone… If you find a way to get it working please let us know!

2 Likes

the dex will still work on my older galaxy tab s4 but the wireless dex update broke functionality on the note series phones, perhaps a forced install of the Samsung dex from a galaxy tab may resolve the issue

1 Like

Turn off Dex, enable Androids native desktop mode and use a bluetooth mouse or a smartwatch with a mouse app?

Or switch to a Motorola G100, which offers an improved Dex mode AND compatibility with Lenovo’s ThinkReality A3 as a bonus :wink: