macOS AR desktop environment app - looking for beta testers!

Hi all, I’ve been working on an AR desktop environment for the past few months and I’m getting ready to launch, and ready for beta testers!

What is it? Cozy Desk is an app for macOS that gives you virtual displays in your AR glasses. It’s similar to the Nebula for Mac app, but offers more options for layouts, resolutions, and features. You can see a demo video on this Reddit post. It’s still early and some of the advanced features are still on the roadmap, but it works well enough that I’m using it daily.

If you’re interested in becoming a beta tester for the app (or just want to get an email when the app goes live), head on over to the website to sign up!

https://cozydesk.space

Hi I just registered for beta tester but I can’t download the app. where is the download link

Hi there,

I don’t mind being a beta tester, and give some input.
I’ll head over and try, but there’s one thing that bugs me a lot in the Nebula app. It’s the “shimmer”.
It really bugs me to a point I just use the glasses as display, not using the app.
Does your version also shimmers?
Guess I’ll find soon enough. :slight_smile:

I’ll be sending out information on how to start testing in the next week!

I’m not 100% sure if we’re talking about the same thing, but I’m betting it’s because you have the screens too small, so a virtual monitor pixel is smaller than a physical display pixel. That means that the whole virtual monitor is downsized, which might look sort of like shimmering.

I think the best way around this is to make the displays bigger. For Cozy Desk, I’m thinking about a global hotkey that will toggle between two “zooms”, so you can easily scan the whole display, and zoom in for reading.

Please count me in. I am also interested in your app and would like to become a beta tester. I got my xreal air 2 pro a couple days ago and the dizziness is bothering me. Would like to use some other app other than Nebula on my macOS.

The way XReal described it was that the “screens” are actually movie render of the desktop or anything that is going on, hence the “shimmer” thing happening. Really annoying for me.

I coud never figure out the display sizing in the Nebula app. It would just randomly get bigger or smaller, even though I’m clicking on bigger sizing.