Nebula App for Mac Update

Yeah unfortunately there is an issue with 13.3. They work flawlessly with 13.2 and below. Apparently they are working on a resolution to fix this though.

Are you running 13.3 or 13.2. If you are running 13.3 then Nebula does have a known issue but if you are running 13.2 or below then there is another issue with the Mac Miniā€™s. Which requires you to first plug in an external monitor before connecting the glasses as the initialization of the glasses acts as a screen mirror and or 2nd monitor.

Were you able to do this without loosing data? I donā€™t have a Time Machine back up on 13.2

Itā€™s actually quite difficult to revert back on Mac to a previous buildā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™d highly suggest getting a fairly large USB-C drive and using time machine to back up your computer. Then use utility disk to reformat drive. Otherwise factory resetting will just load same build.

See apple support forums or call for more detailed support.

That makes sense, but were you able to re install the files you had on 13.3 after reverting to 13.2? I canā€™t seem to find an answer. Like if my Time Machine backup was done on 13.3, can I just put those files back after reverting to 13.2?

Iā€™m facing this problem too on macOS 13.3 after I update the Nreal airā€™s firmware. Thatā€™s mean the issue only happen on macOS 13.3 + latest firmware (20230228).
Please fix this ASAP, we need to use virtual screen.

They are not going to fix it. They are abandoning Mac OS support

Sorry but no, we are fixing it. It is in the process of internal test. And it is supposed to be released after the internal test is passed. Sorry for taking so much time to fix the issue.

Hard to believe.

You are abandoning MacOS support.

Taking months to fix a critical and blocker bug?

and now you are adding support to Windows instead of making sure MacOS keeps working.

Either the team or someone was careless and needs to be fired or you donā€™t think itā€™s worth supporting MacOS and instead is shifting to windows community.

We paid hundreds of dollars because it was listing that there was support for Mac .

When this bug was discovered 13.3 was in beta. Apple has pushed 13.3 out quicker than almost any other update they had because it was such a good one and only been available to the public for a week. If you can try to keep up with apples thousands of people in development you should give it a try. Nreal is a small company that makes great hardware and is doing their best to support as many devices as possible which is a monumental task. Firing people would just delay your patch

Enthusiastic user here thatā€™s a dev in tech.

I know itā€™s not easy, but having a bug that is blocker for 30 days isnā€™t good.

We see them working for supporting windows while they canā€™t keep up with quick patches for mac.

1 Like

My Nebula app on macbook displays two different screens on each glass len.

As a result, I see overlapped content.

My macbook info

• MacBook Pro M1 (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • 8G Memory
  • MacOS: 13.2.1 (22D68)
  • Nebula 0.21

Is there any recommendation on how to fix?

Thanks for your response. I trust your team is working hard on it. Cheers!

One more user anxiously awaiting the fix.

I just got my device this week and spent hours trying to get the app to work until I found this thread. So, Iā€™ve yet to experience the hyped up awesomeness of Nebula. I did own a pair of TCL NXTWEAR S glasses before I switched and while I think the image quality might be better on the NXTWEAR S for my eyes, I was convinced that I had to switch because Nreal had a solution to iOS HDCP playback AND the Nebula software on the Mac (and hopefully on Linux and Windows one day).

So, I am definitely bummed this happened. If Apple does end up releasing their AR headset, I hope they somehow donā€™t block Nebula from working on the Mac. If Nebula is exploiting some sort of quirk in Mac OS or the SDKs then they would be well advised to reach out to developer support to make sure their use case is supported and this ends up not breaking Nreal in the future. Iā€™ve worked with Apple extensively before and I think working with developer support is very important to head off these kinds of break-fix cycles with every OS patch.

And another user waiting on this fix.
Any update/ ETA?

I actually was curious myself on why this wasnā€™t an App Store app developed in apples eco systemā€¦ā€¦ It seems like theyā€™re emulating multiple desktops and stitching them together because when you 3 finger swipe up for desktop control with virtual monitors up, it makes you go all cross eyed.

Also, they just launched windows compatible nebulaā€¦ā€¦ Depending on how much you would use your glasses in virtual monitors reverting back to 13.2 might worth. Was for me I use mine daily.

For those who havent seen this yet, there is an updated working version of the nreal website for download.
I just downloaded and tested this and it works again

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to let us know! I would not have realized this had you not posted here.

Thank you very much for solving this problem, I was very happy with the glasses.

1 Like