Nebula App for Mac Update

I have now updated the app and firmware. But still i just get black screen :frowning:

It then may not be your mac or the app that has the issue. It could be your glasses since it’s also happening to your new Mac and other users including myself are able to use the multi virtual screens. I’m assuming you purchased your glasses not too long ago which should allow you a replacement. That’s another way to rule out the glasses vs mac issue.

so frustrating though… :S i mean maybe there is a better option out there? I cant seem to make it work, im in a trading community and we want to use this glasses for trading while we are traveling but i cant recommend this to that community.

Do you have any suggestions for me to make it work?

Hi, is it possible to record the whole process that you used the glass for AR Desktop? Including the connections and display setting in the recording.

Here is the loom recording. Please help me fix this

It seems that the ‘Recording’ permission is not granted for Mac Nebula. Please try to check the permission. Also, if you have given permission, then try to remove it and give again.

I have done that several times.

Now i have added the file you sent me + I have reinstalled the nebula. It happens the same as here again. https://cdn.loom.com/sessions/thumbnails/d10a5249658d46dbabe14fea3542b5f6-00001.gif

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread out of curiosity. I suspect that given that you switched machines and the issue still persists, either there is software on the new machine you reinstalled from the old machine OR your glasses have an issue (e.g. firmware, or just broken).

As far as your machine goes, it sounds like you have external monitors. Do you use DisplayLink? In my experience the DisplayLink drivers are super buggy for Mac to the point where I had to uninstall and buy a new dock. My mac uses no drivers at all for docks or display and I can definitely see a conflict with Nebula if you do.

For a related post about DisplayLink possibly causing issue, here’s a post by someone trying to just get it to work normally on a Linux machine: Getting it to work with ubuntu laptop.

For what it is worth, I have Ubuntu working on a Framework laptop with no DisplayLink drivers and it works just fine. So the issue is not Ubuntu + Nreal it is likely DisplayLink in that person’s case.

Hello thank you so much for the suggestions, but i dont use display link for connecting my monitors to my Macbook. what type of software can be crashing with nreal ? umm

Hi, I have been trying to get this to work for a while now. I have the latest app update, updated the Mac OS to 13.2.1. Mirroring works as expected, but any iteration of the Nebula setup either gives me a back screen, and I can possibly navigate to the Nebula icon up top and quit it. In any other scenario, I get two different monitor images in each eye.

I have no external displays, and even tried an HDMI monitor dongle in the HDMI port to “fool” it that another display was connected. I can see the arrangement in Displays, and I not sure HOW it should look, but the Nreal is one big widescreen monitor. No amount of rearranging or changing makes it right. I know others have had success, so I believe this “should” work.

It is possible there is some kind of software that is interfering with the process, but I have no idea what that could be. The firmware is the latest, the software is the latest. Sometimes I have gotten something similar to the images above (two sort of floating desktops in space). I feel like it is so close, but could just not get it to work as expected.

As user “TheFranklee” said, most often, the best result I get is "My Nebula app on macbook displays two different screens on each glass lens.

As a result, I see overlapped content." So someone else is having a similar outcome. What the heck could it be?!

Have you updated the firmware through the steps using chrome, edge, fire, fox, any other browser besides Safari

I have done everything and i get overlapped content or no content (black screens) I have updated through chrome and everything

Hi, we found that if the following ‘Displays have separate Spaces’ setting is disabled, the AR desktop works abnormally like what you had. Please try to enable it and log out of your account to make it effective.

I did that but it crashed my whole mac :S i think i will give up. I dont think this glasses works