Nreal with TOF sensor (time of flight) LG G8 ThinQ

Well I’m on a web search to find the best phone for nreal development for personal use to create my own environment with unity.
I’m following the nrsdk and saw that i need the phone with the best sensors for AI/VR/AR.
Well after two weeks i found him, i think (q😆)
The LG G8 is a phone with TOF sensor.
(Time of flight :airplane:).
When i ask (for fun) the chatGPT detail about the TOF sensor that’s the information that i get.
(And i want to ask you as well what do thing)
You can see in the chatboot conversation other phones but they not in my budget.
I really like to here what do think.
Thanks!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Here some nice youtube video that show all the features.

Chatboot conversation:

TOF sensor explained.
A Time-of-Flight (TOF) sensor is a type of sensor that measures the time it takes for a signal (usually a light pulse) to travel from the sensor to an object and back again. By measuring the time it takes for the signal to make this round trip, the TOF sensor can determine the distance to the object.

TOF sensors are often used in applications such as robotics, autonomous vehicles, and augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) systems. They can be used to detect and track objects, create 3D maps of environments, and provide depth information for AR/VR applications.

TOF sensors can use different types of signals to measure distance, including infrared light, laser light, and radio waves. Laser-based TOF sensors are particularly accurate and can measure distances up to several hundred meters with millimeter-level precision.

TOF sensors are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a fast, accurate, and reliable way to measure distance, and are relatively easy to integrate into a variety of applications.

• Phones with tof sensor

Several smartphones on the market today have TOF sensors. Here are a few examples:

1. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: This flagship phone from Samsung features a TOF sensor in its rear camera setup. The TOF sensor helps with depth sensing and autofocus.

2. iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max: Apple’s latest high-end smartphones both feature a TOF sensor, which they call the “LiDAR scanner.” The TOF sensor helps with AR applications, as well as with autofocus and low-light photography.

3. Xiaomi Mi 11: This smartphone from Xiaomi features a TOF sensor in its rear camera setup, which helps with depth sensing and autofocus.

4. Sony Xperia 1 III: Sony’s latest flagship phone features a TOF sensor in its rear camera setup, which helps with autofocus and object tracking.

5. LG G8 ThinQ: This phone from LG features a TOF sensor in its front-facing camera, which helps with facial recognition and depth sensing for selfie.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this interesting info. Just for notice, the Xiaomi doesn’t come with DP output. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, i done a overall research beacuse I don’t want to left behind in the Nrsdk and in the development process in general.

And i think that i found phones :iphone: that have future features development like the air motion.

I believe that will get there (air motion control).
its a matter of time and code hahah.

I don’t like Sony, iPhone, boring phones for my taste.
And Samsung crazy expensive and Xiaomi i don’t touch.

I prefer vivo, oneplus, infinix, Huawei the lead in the 5g industry contribution.
and there a lot of amazing phones that’s more than good in a fair price.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

So that’s my plan and I think its perfect after a month…

To buy LG Wing for everyday use with the glasses.
I love the concept of the lg wing beacuse its more practical then standard folded phones
Or even the folded dual screen (that you control every screen and do a multi tasking.
My common sense say that in every day use ill need to open the phone every time i want the folded experience and its not happen a lot for sure.
Can’t use is on the go…
The lg wing is open in a finger click and i can do multi tasking on the go.
He has gimbel camera and the phone positions very useful for driving, walking and more.

So LG wing for everyday use and I’ll buy second hand LG g8 for development and to explore the technology with the best chips and sensors.

Lg very cheap phones on ebay, AliExpress, Amazon so its a good plan for the best experience with the nreal glasses.
(For me)
Thats it.
Thanks nreal friends! :sunglasses: