Please release a Nebula for windows version for the Nreal Light

Hello @XREAL-dev

hope you see that this is not a feature request - let us know please how we can solve this gap.

2 Likes

Hi, really sorry that the Light glass is not compatible with the current Nebula for Windows. And we received several feedback about the Windows Nebula for Light, and we will take it into consideration.

3 Likes

Bumping up this topic.
Light owners helped Nreal to get Nreal glasses into the market; We helped develop some of the initial apps and helped the adoption.

Please don’t forget us now.

Also, there is an order of magnitude more users on Windows than there is on Macs!

4 Likes

Hi, we will never forget Nreal Light, and will take it into consideration in later version of Windows Nebula.

This definitely needs to happen.

I’m concerned that things like the spacetop laptop would be redundant if nreal were to release this, making it a conflict of interest

Hi mates,
some time passed so I just wanted to ask if there are any news on Nebula for windows support for Xreal Lights?
Thanks for your efforts!

Hi, bart. Upon careful consideration and internal discussions, we have decided against supporting Light on Nebula for Windows.

Hi @XREAL-dev - could you provide an update on what the support plan is for the Light’s going forwards? On one hand, you have confirmed that you are not bringing light support to Windows, and that there are no longer Dev Kits available to buy, however, your main developer page on developer.xreal.com advertises all of the Light features, such as hand tracking, 6DoF plane detection and your latest SDK Beta adds Spatial Anchors which requires Lights.

Is Xreal supporting Light’s going forwards? Thanks.

1 Like

@XREAL-dev could you please provide some guidance as to whether there will be general support for the light glasses? I am currently building for that device, however, if the device is no longer available or supported, this is important to know.

1 Like

After this announcement, I’ve decided to sell my nreal light and move away from the nreal platform and the company entirely.

Support has been utterly abysmal.

Actually, I’m going to pull them apart and reverse engineer a driver for them.

And how is it going?

So is that now also true for the Air, Air², Air² Pro and Air² Ultra?

Because Nebular has nebolously disappeared from the home page.

Please note, that means you’ll have to refund everyone who bought it to be used with the AR functionality, quite independently of your voluntary 30 day return window, as per EU customer protection laws.

Hi

I was busy in my day job so had not kept so up-to-date until returning to my XReal project now.

This seems truly shocking in terms of support / supporting the community and I am not surprised there are some mentioning they will now leave this system. As if this happened once with this wave of product, then it could easily happen again. If so, then why invest in the NRealSDK?

I’m sure others, like me, spent 1000USD etc for Light so to just drop them. Offering 100USD off some new ones doesn’t seem that great an incentive.

We have received your requests and wishes for Light to be compatible with the Windows Nebula. We have taken note of this and the development team will explore the possibility of integrating Light with Windows Nebula in the future.

Dude, just give us a decent SDK (NOT UNITY!!!) and let the community do the work. OpenXR is your friend and you will benefit much more from that then from hoping people will not notice what you are doing!

2 Likes