Set Default Custom Application

Hello there!

I have NReal glasses with a computational unit. I’ve created my unity application (APK) file which I installed to the computational unit using scrcpy. I can launch it by using the controller and works well.

Now, I would like to know if there is any way I can launch this application as soon as I connect the glasses to the computational unit without using the controller to launch?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
TG

Sorry, the feature you mentioned is not supported by the current Nebula version. However, we may consider optimizing the app lauching experience(user flow and speed) in the upcoming versions.

Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for the response and clarification. Looking forward for the new release.

By the way, if I am not mistaken, Nebula is an Android app. I am not using an Android phone but the square computational unit from which I launch my custom application using the controller.

When I connect glasses to the computational unit, I believe it automatically launches the NReal Launch application as default from where I select my custom application. Could I set my application to start as default?

– Tejas

Hi Tejas!

Have you found a way to launch your own application once the glasses are connected?

We are currently looking for a solution to the problem / inconvenience of manually selecting the app. As we are in a professional environment and do not want our clients to select the app themselves, we have also tried to add the computing units to a mobile device management. Unfortunately, this was not successful, so we could not activate a single-app kiosk mode on the computing units either. If anyone has found a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!
Kai

1 Like

In order to setup autolaunch on headset attachment there are a couple steps to take on the nreal dev pucks.

Create a new file named Config.json
Open Config.json in text editor and set the contents to:

{
      "launchAppName": "com.packageName"
}

Replace the package name to match the version you want autolaunched on device headset plug-in

Use this command from terminal in order to place the config file into the right spot:

adb push Config.json /sdcard/NRResource/Config.json

If you want access to the dashboard again you can simple remove the config file:

adb shell rm -f /sdcard/NRResource/Config.json

Note that these steps do differ from the Nebula 2 method on the Samsung phones and other android 11 devices.

1 Like