I have been working on a setup with my Pixel phone which is not natively supported with Nebula, or by direct usb-c cable. Here is my current setup, which works everywhere I have a good data connection with my phone, without wifi, and without a power outlet:
- Anker power bank powering Chromecast with Google TV
- Chromecast wifi connection to Adnroid pixel phone WiFi hotspot
- Comecast with Google TV HDMI out connected to xReal adapter HDMI in
- xReal adapter connected to xReal Air glasses
With that, you can
- use the Chromecast remote to view content from any app installed - Netfix, Youtube, Youtube TV, …
- use your phone to select content in an app and stream it using the Chromecast button.
Let me know what you think - probably the xReal Beam will allow something similar, with one device, with more powerful options, but for now the setup above is an approach working well - let me know what you think, and share your setup, to achieve using devices not natively supported.
I am still trying to find a small usb-c hub to offer power for my iPad and connecting xReal air at the same time, to prevent the iPad bering drained in the middle of watching something, let me know if you found a usb-c dock where this works.