Should I buy the Xreal Beam Pro

Hello Xreal team. Considering the Beam pro. I have some questions:

1. Can you use a Bluetooth mouse to manipulate the spatial UI? If not, is there a mode in the Beam that can?
  2. Can you use a Bluetooth mouse to manipulate apps?
  3. What are some ranges for battery life?
  4. Can it be used as a phone?
  5. If so, can you can you transfer your Sim card?
  6. Will the existing Android Nebula app be updated to mimic the Beam pro? If so, in what ways?

Thank you!

1. Yes, the Beam Pro supports Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, and controller interactions for the spatial UI.
  2. Yes, you can use a Bluetooth mouse to interact with apps on the Beam Pro.
  3. The device has a 4300mAh battery supporting 27W fast charging. It typically lasts about 3 hours for video playback. It also features two USB-C ports that support simultaneous charging and use.
  4. The WiFi version functions like a tablet with internet capabilities only. The 5G version supports internet and text messaging with SIM card insertion but cannot make phone calls.
  5. Yes, you can insert and use your SIM card in the 5G version.
  6. The Nebula app will continue to be updated to improve user experience, though it may not fully replicate the Beam Pro experience due to Android system limitations.
1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick response! Just a couple final follow up questions:

1. I assume Google Voice will work for the 5G version?
  2. Will the Nebula app support bluetooth mouse and keyboard input?
  3. Does the beam Pro have wireless charging capability?
  1. Theoretically, yes. Google Voice seems to only require an internet connection, whether it’s WiFi or 5G.
  2. Yes, it does.
  3. Currently, it does not support wireless charging.

Xreal Team, please

1. When you gonna make normal localisation for English ? Now the 30% of text in Beam Pro is in Mandarine
  2. When you gonna make authorisation function for international telephones, not only Chinese +86 numbers? (even support ticket does not allow to open it without +86 number, that’s crazy)
  3. When you gonna make normal email auth?

WHY??? Do I need to auth when connecting my Xreal Air 2 Pro? Is not enough to possess the glasses itself to use the Beam Pro functions??

First I bought Beam 1, which cannot be used without jailbreak besides iPhone mirroring.
Now, I have just bought Beam Pro and CANNOT USE IT again because of +86 SMS auth. That’s makes me very very angry!

You need to seriously think on UX/UI politics. Its awful now.

Please contact me Telegram: Contact

Thank you again for the response that you gave above. I am almost certainly going to purchase the Beam Pro. In my current setup, I am using my X-reels through a Samsung Galaxy S21. I have an Anker battery pack with wireless charging. I purchased a magnetic ring to put onto the back of my phone that allows me to magnetically connect it to the Anker. This is very convenient because the magnetic connection works well as I use the device portably. However, since the new Beam Pro does not have wireless charging, I’ll be losing the wireless charging, but I’m wondering if it would damage the components if I were to put a magnetic ring on the Beam Pro, similar to how I put onto my Samsung, but just use it to maintain a magnetic connection for the same convenience of having it connected to the battery, even though I would be running a cable to the phone from the battery for charging.