When will OpenXR be supported?

Hi,

I have seen a few old messages asking when OpenXR is supported, and answers seem to be to the end of this year (2022). Since topics are too old, I would like to ask an estimated completion date for OpenXR integration ?

Best regards

Cagatay

3 Likes

Hi, it is expected to be released in the next version of SDK (30th of November).

2 Likes

Hi,
Did OpenXR land in 1.10.0?

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like there’s any mention in the patch notes unfortunately.

1 Like

We are waiting till several months… Is OpenXR supported in 1.10.0 as promised? And How will we use OpenXR, do we download it from OpenXR web site since it should support not only NReal but all other glasses at the same time (with out creating a new scene or project)? What I expect and what we need is that, is this correct?

Best regards

1 Like

Sorry that we don’t release the integration yet. There are several bugs that required to be fixed.

1 Like

Hi there. Any updates on this topic? Thanks.

Xreal have no intention of adding consumer support for OpenXR, it’s now a paid business feature. Source: Reddit - Dive into anything

If compatibility with Open XR is required, it would necessitate our development team providing additional support and preparation work upfront, as well as ongoing maintenance. I’m sorry, but currently, we only provide paid Open XR compatibility support for our B2B customers.
In my opinion, our team will reassess the plan if we receive more feedback from the developers and our community.

Naturally Xreal knows how the optics on this look, so it’s impossible to find any information.

This is a huge mistake, and will just limit the amount of apps available for the devices. We are in possession of an Nreal Light specifically for the purpose of porting an OpenXR app to it, but without this being freely available, the devices are effectively e-waste to the XR community.

@XREAL-dev @EONite

1 Like

Completely agree with this statement. Its been almost a year with no hope in sight at this point. I really see no point in developing for these.