XREAL Air 2 Ultra and XREAL Beam Pro compatibility

I wanted to ask explicitly if an Air 2 Ultra + Beam Pro is a combination that is suitable for development with coverage across all features (6DoF etc), as it’s not obvious from the specs:

For context, I do own a Beam and an S22 (with Exynos chip) also, but I wanted to know if my Beam Pro is enough, before I purchase the Air 2 Ultra. Compatibility with Unity also. Will I have any issues? Thanks.

The Air 2 Ultra + Beam Pro is a development combination that we plan to support long-term. The specs were written when the Ultra was released in early 2024, before the Beam Pro was available, which is why it’s not listed. However, they do support all spatial computing features.

Thanks Dorix, that’s good to know. Is it still correct that the Beam (not Beam Pro) can’t do 6DoF with the Air 2 Ultra, and never will? I still have the old Beam also, and it looks like that might just be e-waste then

Yes, it’s correct. Beam is more of a “kick back and enjoy the show” kind of device. It’s all about giving consumers a nice viewing experience, and it is not intended for developer use in the first place.

1 Like