Xreal Beam Pro Bugs/Features?

I received the Xreal Beam Pro yesterday and am overall very happy with it. Unfortunately my glasses are in for repair so I haven’t used it with them, so I am just using it as a pseudo-phone. Most aspects are fine but I have noticed the following ‘disappointments’ and wondered if they are bugs or features.

1. MTP cannot be enabled. When I plug the XBP into my Mac, it just charges. There is no option to switch to MTP mode. When I try to switch manually, it will not switch. This is annoying as I cannot transfer files between my computer and the XBP as I could with the Beam.

2. You cannot put dynamic widgets on the home page. I have tried multiple clock but not of them will stay on the home page. I like having a clock on the home screen of my Android devices.

3. Apps cannot be put into folders on the app selection screen. I am guessing this is because of Nebula. This is another annoyance as I have to stream through dozens of apps to get to the one I want as opposed to going into a folder.

4. Some apps just don’t work. Apps that should work with Android 14 are being flagged as unavailable. I can understand some such as Google Wallet, but some such as Adidas Running should work as they just need access to GPS and audio.

Not being able to activate MTP mode is the biggest annoyance to me.

Correct to 1. MTP does work, but only if you plug the USB cable into the glasses USB-C port. Weird.

Hi,

thank you for reaching out. Here are some insights into the issues you’ve mentioned:

1. MTP Mode: The MTP functionality is available only through the right-side port. The left-side port supports charging only. Please try connecting to your Mac using the right-side port to enable MTP mode.

2. Dynamic Widgets: This is a known bug that we are working to fix in a future update. We appreciate your patience on this.

3. App Folders: We haven’t encountered issues with creating app folders. If possible, could you provide a video demonstrating the problem? This would help us understand and address the issue better.