Xreal Beam will not boot to menu!

Hello all! I just recently purchased the beam and the air 1. They were working fine until one day the beam no longer booted to menu. When plugging the beam directly into the glasses I get a black screen with a loading bar and the Xreal logo. The bar inches forward for a few minutes until the screen goes black and then an error pops up stating “Please connect glasses (102)”. I have tried holding the button down for 15 sec and then 3 sec which on one attempt did work to boot me back into the menu but after a few seconds it kicks me back out to the aforementioned loading bar of doom.

I have also tried to update the glasses with nebula for windows, that gets the glasses to 4% and then crashes stating that the update failed. Beyond that I have walked through the steps on the dev site https://air.msmithdev.com and still no luck. The glasses work fine without the beam casting my iphone 15 and my steam deck but it is not playing nice at all with the beam. I am at my wits end how do I get the beam to post again?

Hello,
It seems that there is a problem with the glasses firmware upgrade. It is recommended that you go to the official website to upgrade.
https://ota.xreal.com/air-update?version=1

It sounds like you’re experiencing some technical difficulties with your Beam and Air 1 devices. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart Both Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Turn off both the Beam and Air 1, then turn them back on again.
  2. Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that both the Beam and Air 1 have the latest firmware updates installed. If not, try updating the firmware again using Nebula for Windows or the official update process provided by the manufacturer.
  3. Reset the Devices: Perform a factory reset on both the Beam and Air 1 to restore them to their default settings. Be sure to back up any important data before doing this, as a factory reset will erase all user data.
  4. Check Compatibility: Verify that both devices are compatible with each other and meet the necessary system requirements. Compatibility issues could be causing the connectivity problems you’re experiencing.
  5. Contact Customer Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, reach out to the manufacturer’s customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a solution to your problem.
  6. Seek Professional Help: If all else fails, consider seeking assistance from a professional technician or repair service. They may be able to diagnose and fix any hardware issues that could be causing the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your Beam and Air 1 devices. Good luck, and I hope you’re able to get them working properly again soon!

Insulina