NRSDK 1.10.2 Apps crash after 10 minutes of run-time

I’ve faced the following bug:

Development Environment:

• Windows 11
  • Unity 2022.3.5 (also tested on Unity 2022.3.1)
  • Android Oreo 8.1 API Level 27 (also tested on API level 32)
  • NR SDK 1.10.2 (also tested on 1.10.0, 1.9.5, 1.9.1)
  • XReal light glasses
  • XReal Development Kit Andriod Computing Unit (also tested on a Samsung S22 Ultra with Nebula)

Bug: XReal application crashes after 10 minutes of having the app run
To Replicate: Get NRSDK 1.10.2 into a Unity Project, open the default HelloMR scene, build that scene into the dev kit computing unit, open the app while wearing the glasses, do nothing other than wearing the glasses for 10 minutes and app will start freezing then crash (returns to the apps menu), alternatively, you can also tape the proximity sensor and after 10 minutes it will also crash.

Extra Note: this also happens on an empty scene with the default NR camera rig prefab, default NR input prefab, and NR Kernel Session Config that has both Plane detection and Image Tracking disabled. (it also happens while enabled but the point is that its not even because of too many recognition calculations)

I tested the same Hello-MR demo on my dev kit, put on the glass, and run the app for half an hour, it worked without the crash issue. Please go to setting of the Dev kit and change the sleep time to ‘never’.

for anyone facing the same issue. it was solved by switching to NRSDK 2.1 > switching to to Unity 2019 > referencing the Android SDK to be from Android Studio > installing Android SDK Command line tools version 8 and then renaming that file to latest > everything should work now and app won’t crash after first 10 minuets

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Development Environment:

Windows 11
Unity 2022.3.5 (also tested on Unity 2022.3.1)
Android API Level 29 - 33
NR SDK 2.1
XReal Air 2 / Pro
Galaxy S20 FE

XReal application crashes after 10 minutes of having the app run
To Replicate: Get NRSDK 2.1 into a Unity Project, open the default HelloMR scene, build that scene into your phone, open the app while wearing the glasses, do nothing other than wearing the glasses for 10 minutes and app will crash and returns to Nebula the apps menu.

Please install the following apk I built, and check if it is normal on your phone. I tested the apk you sent and found that the package was too big so that the log cannot be read.

I installed the Test10mins.apk and it is abolutly stabel. It does not crash.

I can now better localize the problem. The crash of my app does not occur with Unity3D 2019 and the signed APK. If the APK is unsigned, then it also crashes.

The crash can clearly be reproduced with Unity3D 2022. I have carried out a completely new installation. Windows 11 - new, Unity3D 2022 - new, NRSKD 2.1 - new. I used this environment to create a new app, which crashed after exactly 7 minutes.
From my point of view, the NRSDK has a problem with the default installation of Unity3D 2022 and the Android settings.

Hi, the issue was solved in our latest SDK. Thanks for your feedback.